Welcome to Speech and Hearing BC’s Journal Club!
The Speech and Hearing BC Journal Club is a forum to facilitate evidence-based practice for clinicians in a shared, collaborative setting.
Journal Club Membership – What You Need To Know
- If you are interested in joining the Journal Club, please email Janet Campbell.
- Look at the upcoming meeting calendar for clinical groups that are relevant to you. Clinical groups are organized by interest (i.e. Pre-School, School-Age, Adult, Audiology, Special Topics). Each group meets once per month for a one-hour teleconference.
- Sign up to participate in a meeting. A maximum of twelve members can participate in each meeting. Consider signing up to lead a meeting approximately once per year. To lead a meeting, submit your article/s a minimum of two weeks prior to the meeting.
- Before the meeting, find and review relevant journal club documents.
- Participate in a meeting by calling in to a teleconference line from your phone or device. Teleconference line numbers can be found on each clinical group page (below).
- If you have led a meeting, complete the Journal Club Critical Appraisal Form, and submit the form to Janet Campbell.
- Continue to participate and attend Journal Club Meetings.
We have 5 Clinical Journal Club Groups, click on any group for further information: